- – Thieves are deterred by the cameras as they can be easily caught and this makes your home or business safe.
- – When you invest in CCTV, it lowers your risk as you become less of a target. This means you are less likely to have claims and thus your insurance will charge you a reduced rate.
- – Since you are able to monitor what’s happening in your business or property, you’re getting an increased sense of security.
- – Some clients can make false claims which may cost your company’s name and also incur losses but with CCTV your are able to lay things bare.
- – In case of theft or any other incidence you are able to give proof and therefore you can easily claim from the insurance. You are also able to provide information to the police making their work easier.
- You are able to improve work strategies better for your business as you can identify areas where the customer is dissatisfied and know what to improve.
- – Employees will be more careful when you have CCTV as they don’t know when you are watching them.
- The positioning of the camera – Ensuring the camera is fitted appropriately so that you do not get reversed images.
- Choosing the best location for CCTV installation – Ensuring no direct sunlight can get into the camera as this will blind the view during sunny days. Also making sure no obstacles are in the way of the camera so that the view of your property is clear.
- Knowing the camera range before purchasing. If a camera reaches the edge of the range it will give errors and it won’t be useful.
- Using enough cameras for your property. This ensures your property is covered entirely and you are able to monitor everything.
- When installing CCTV we need to put the power source in mind. For wired CCTV let it have a battery in case of power outage. For wireless cameras always ensure you have extra batteries.
- Alerts – Since you may not always keep monitoring your CCTV, it’s better to set it to notify you when it captures movement.
- You need to protect your CCTV, you can use a password so that it’s not easily hacked.
- Need to use a suitable surface to install your CCTV to prevent it from falling off.
- CCTV is a worthy investment and can save you much money and trouble.
About The Lock Guy
For over 20 years The Lock Guy has been providing superior locksmith services to Melbourne and surrounding suburbs. We specialise in residential, commercial and automotive locksmith services. Along with a passion for padlocks, we also re-key locks, assist in key replacements, and install deadlocks for both homes and businesses.
YOUR KEY TO SECURITY FOR RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL PROPERTIES IN MELBOURNE